Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A day of firsts

Energy for getting projects done has been building with the fall weather, and today I figured out how to remove sliding drawer hardware so that I could fix the faces of the drawers back onto the cabinet.  Once we make and set our countertops, our kitchen sink will fit here right in front of the window.
 We cut the cement board that will go underneath the tiles around our wood stove, and screwed them into place.  Tomorrow I hope to start tiling!
We used our composting toilet for the first time, and we brought our bed down to the yurt!  It was interesting to see how much we will be affected by the moon with our big dome skylight.  It reminded me of the Mama Roja jungle, sleeping out in the elements, under the moonlight every night.  I remember nights when I could barely sleep because the moon was so bright.  I'm sure we'll get used to it, but it was different!  And chilly!  We were warm under our blankets though...
 I'm excited to move more things in so that it really starts to feel like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment